Well between the temps inching up and a bit of free time, I managed to make some boomerangs this past weekend. Of course I didn’t complete any from start to finish but did different things that added up to boomerangs. First the shaping. I managed to shape some long distance boomerangs from 2.3mm G10 fiberglass. There were two of Dave Hughes’ Swish model, 2 Voyagers in a 90% size and 2 Milpas Reapers. I like the Reaper a lot and think the thinner version will be easier for me to throw. A trip to the field will let me know for sure. Here are the shaped blanks.
Next I drilled holes and weighted some Windjammer boomerangs with pennies. When I originally tested these they seemed lighter than previous versions and the extra weigh helps a lot. I did some finish sanding and these are ready to paint.
Since it isn’t warm enough to spray paint outside, I stayed inside and finished up a few more boomerangs. I had a few Rainbow Trout boomerangs hanging around and since I paint those with acrylics, they were first on the list. They came out pretty good. In the photo, the top version is my old one, which was decorated using a wood burning tool.
The final two boomerangs i finished were a Veebru and a Boomerang Fever which I decorated with permament markers. Here’s the Veebru in my Rising Sun decoration. The pattern comes from two stained glass windows I have hanging in my kitchen windows.
Thats it for now. Lets hope I can squeeze in some time to make more, and time to write about it. BTW, several of these boomerangs are now listed on ebay for sale.