If you have been reading the blog you know my wide drum sander has been on the fritz. I discovered the motor turning the drum would run so I narrowed the problem down to the switch and pc board that control both motors running at the same time. Fortunately I found a place that sold parts and $50 later and a weeks time, and I had parts in hand.
Saturday I installed the parts, First I tried to open the switchbox to replace them. I discovered there were screws holding it on that were blocked by the frame of the large motor mount. In order to get to them I had to remove the feed belt assembly which is held in by 4 allen bolts. I tried to get an allen wrench in to remove them but the last two are actually under the drum assembly. I had to go to Lowes and by a set of allen wrench sockets so that I could get in there to remove them. The screws were 6MM heads ao I ended up buying a metric set for $23.
Well, I got the feed belt assembly off and disassembled the switchbox, I mounted the new parts in and turned it on. I should have been able to get the feed belt motor running but nothing happened. I have checked everything and all connectons are fine. I am really disgusted by the whole thing. I don’t know what to do. No one around here fixes these anymore. The last time it was in for repair the place was nearly an hour away and took 6 months to get it back.
In an attempt to make me feel better, I cut out 6 polycarb blanks in the shape that Leonilson sent me. I really like that little boomerang and want to make more. I just couldn’t talk myself into shaping them yesterday. Soon it will be too cold to make boomerangs and I’ll be too busy, Looks like it’s time to hang it up for another year